Friday, November 23, 2012

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving with family and friends yesterday!


This recipe is from earlier in the week, I just never got around to actually posting it for some reason. There is just something about combining simple fresh ingredients and ending with something so delicious with amazing flavors.
I came home from work wanting something easy and quick. I decided to make a pasta dish, this could be eaten either hot or cold. I have made a variation of this in the summer time and it just as delicious cold.

You will need:
Tortellini pasta - I used a cheese filled one, but really any kind you like would be great
Fresh asparagus - in bite size pieces
Kalamata olives - chopped
Fresh parmesan
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

Cook the pasta like normal and about 2 minutes before it is done throw in the chopped asparagus with it. Drain the pasta and asparagus and place in a large bowl. Toss in the chopped olives and parmesan cheese. I dont really measure, its just an eye ball of how much you would like in it. Drizzle with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I used a really tasty garlic infused olive oil for more flavor. Toss everything really well so all the ingredients are mixed well together. If you want sprinkle some more parmesan on top of each serving.

In the summer when I make this I include some fresh tomatoes as well. It is so simple, but has amazing flavor!

I was only able to take a picture of the finished product with my cell phone. So its not the best quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment