Sunday, November 4, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken

I dont know about you, but I LOVE my crock pot! There is nothing better than coming home to a house that already smells delicious and you don't have to do any extra work to make a yummy meal. I decided to throw something in my crock pot today and then I would get a few different meals out of it this week to take to work for lunch or eat for dinner when I get home.

I cannot bring myself to eat chicken breasts, however I can eat them if they are shredded. I try to always have a bag of frozen chicken breasts in my freezer for a quick shredded crock pot meal. Todays meal was totally made up and not at all measured so I wont be able to give exact measurements. I also didnt take any pictures of the process other than the end result, I wasnt sure if this would be good or not!

What you will need:

Frozen chicken breasts (I had 4 left so I used them all up)
1 packet of dry ranch mix
paprika
chili powder
cumin

Place all ingredients in the crock pot, I throw the chicken in frozen all time. Like I said I didn't measure the paprika, chili powder, or cumin I literally just dumped! Then I put it on low for 8 hours. About a half hour before it was over I took two forks and shredded the meat up really good and then let it continue cooking to soak up the liquid more.

Let me tell you when I came home the house smelled SO yummy, which is usually a pretty good sign that the meal will taste good too!

I decided to put the shredded chicken on some soft yellow corn tortillas.
Then I just used what toppings I had on hand. In this case, cheese, light sour cream,hot sauce, and spinach.
Let me just say, these were so yummy. Healthy too. The tortillas I used were only 2 weight watchers points plus! In all the meal was about 6 points.

I am using the left over chicken tomorrow as a topping for my spinach salad with salsa as the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment